Freak !!

And damn proud of it !!


Finally managed to beat (think for the very first time) even for a tiny margin, my beloved competitor and CW buddy Helga IN3FHE :-)
It's one of the life's mysteries, but that score came in almost effortlessly, while I was trying to fight my boredom in the buffet-train-wagon (and greek trains are not famous for being quiet and peaceful).
I didn't manage to repeat it after I came home -who knows how my brain was wired at that certain moment on the train- but we certainly have a loooong month ahead, me and Helga (for the monthly CW Freak ranking) chasing each other :-)

Have you tried CW Freak yet ?  It's very similar to rufzXP with 3 competition lists (monthly, 20 QSOs, 50 QSOs). Audio is a bit tricky, I never managed to reach my topspeed, like I have done with rufzXP and another difference is that there is no repetition of the callsign: you heard it and that's it !  So you'd better be focused !

These days are rolling good. I also made a new rufzXP record by a tiny margin (only for 21 points !) but the important thing is that I touched again my topscores and not only that; I am often touching the 70WPM speed range. My CW happiness was complete by scoring a pretty 3633 sum at MR HST :-)



Now I will try to get acquainted with Pileup Runner. The only thing I can't get used with regarding this software is the keys. It seems that I need to acquire a visual contact with the code and the waterfall which I really don't like -it's a totally new skill I need to develop- since even when I am on the radio working split, I simply turn the dial and stop wherever my ears and only my ears are tuned and feel happy. But anyway, I will definitely try it and upload my findings here :-)

Keep practicing !  Di dit !